I'm Reading "Gangsta" Now! (Chapter 1 Review)

So a couple days back I was DM-ing a friend who had started to talk to me about the different characters she likes, eventually leading us to this beauty right here:

I immediately fell in love with her (mainly because she looked like the Fem! version of Eren but yeah😂​).

This is Alex Benedetto, one of the main characters from the manga I've just started reading called "Gangsta". You'd expect her to be one of those cold-hearted badass female characters since she lives in the hood (I'm not saying that all girls from the hood are like that, this is just an example lol), but in reality she's kind of the complete opposite. Not that she isn't badass, but she's good-mannered and has a lot of heart. You can already tell that she's not from around the neighborhood she lives in.

In the first chapter you see her with a man who's counting money at the moment, punching her in the face and telling her that it isn't enough for him. He then advises her to "get more customers"... You can kind of guess what kind of occupation she has.

Then soon she comes out from behind an alleyway and sees the Benriya; basically these two guys that people call to exterminate the hoodlum troublemakers of the neighborhood, named Warrick and Nicholas.



The Benriya are then called by the chief of the local police station to take a request that instructs them to take out a local gang, which whom the guy Alex is living with, Barry, is the leader of.

What I loved so much about this manga so far is that even though they don't know her, Warrick and Nicholas chose to take Alex away from the life she lived (the abusive man she was with, the whole prostitution "job" she had, etc.), even though they were instructed to kill her. 

I have a feeling that she was a little mad when she found out they killed Barry. Not because she had any special feelings for him, but because she was upset she couldn't do it herself, which I think is why she still shot him even though he was already dead.

And I don't know why, I find Nicholas so cute 😊​ I love the fact that he uses a sword as a weapon instead of a gun like everyone else.

Anyway, I love this manga so far and I can't wait to see more! Thanks for reading!!

(By the way, if you're planning on reading this manga, I suggest making sure you're actually okay with mature themes like prostitution, gore, foul language, etc.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Really Dislike 90s Anime Style

My Thoughts on Mikasa Ackerman (Character Analysis Post)

I'm Starting a 100-Day Anime Challenge!!