I Have Mixed Feelings ;-; (SnK Chapter 94 Review)

Okay I seriously hated Reiner and Bertholdt until this chapter. Don't get me wrong I still think that Reiner is a dick, but I feel like I can't really blame him for the things he did (given the society he grew up in).

This chapter made me realize

THEY WERE JUST KIDS MAN THEY DIDN'T KNOW ANY BETTER 😫😤


AND REINER JUST WANTED TO MAKE HIS MOTHER PROUD AND TO BE ACCEPTED (excuse me while I cry in a corner)

Ugh I feel like I can't really hate any individual character in this manga without looking at their past (except Zeke -_-)

This manga is just so well-written! The characters and everything are just *clenches fist* perfect. Everyone has their own backstory as well as what they became in spite of that later on. Like Eren had this extreme burning hatred for the Titans because of the fact that he watched his mother's gruesome death. Before he just wanted to join the Scouts so that he could see what was beyond the walls. Killing Titans was part of that, but after his mom died he wanted to exterminate every single one out of revenge.

Anyway, I'm thinking that either Isayama ran out of ideas or he's actually trying to show us parallels between the Shiganshina Trio and the Titan Trio.


 Think about it: Reiner, like Eren, wasn't very good at anything in his training days but he wanted to be a warrior so badly that he pledged his loyalty whenever he could. Through his determination he was able to become a warrior just like how Eren was able to get into the Top Ten in order to join the Scouts.

There's also many similarities between Mikasa and Annie (which are pretty fucking obvious) so this gets me thinking:

Since Armin now has the Colossal Titan power, I have a theory (or more of a prediction I'm not sure) that Eren and Reiner will get into this huge battle where in the end Eren defeats Reiner (somehow) and takes his spinal fluid. I also have ANOTHER theory (just for my own personal antics) that Mikasa will somehow get Annie's Female Titan power. Like maybe Hanji creates her own Titan serum for whatever reason and around that time they finally get Annie out of her crystal shell, and in a life-or-death situation Mikasa is fatally wounded and Annie either sacrifices herself or the Scouts force her to give herself up so that Mikasa can stay alive.

Anyway... To be honest if Reiner were to turn against the Marley, he and Eren should just team up and go against the government.

For some reason I felt like there was some kind of symbolism involved in the scene where Reiner and Bertholdt caught Annie squashing a bug?? I don't know lol

~~~

Thanks for reading!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Really Dislike 90s Anime Style

My Thoughts on Mikasa Ackerman (Character Analysis Post)

I'm Starting a 100-Day Anime Challenge!!